Potato, octopus, and tomato salad recipe
Delicious Octopus salad recipe
The sky’s the limit when you are thinking about how to cook and eat an octopus, and that’s what we like about it. Octopus can be eaten in so many different ways: cold, warm, grilled, sautee, boiled, just to name a few. For this recipe, the octopus will be eaten in a salad. This octopus recipe is perfect for a quick, enjoyable meal.
How to do the octopus salad recipe
2 cooked octopus tentacles
4 medium potatoes
1 red onion
3 medium ripe tomatoes
12 black olives
Coriander, basil, sage or any herbs you like for sauce.
If you have pre-cooked octopus, skip to step 3. If you have cooked and sliced octopus tentacles, skip to step 4.
1. Cook the octopus in a large pot with water for 15 minutes.
2. Cut off the tentacles.
3. Cut the octopus into slices.
4. Peel the onion and cut it into thin wedges.
5. Chop the tomatoes.
6. Cook the potatoes whole with their skins in a pot with plenty of water for 25-30 minutes, or as long as necessary until they are cooked but firm, depending on the size. Drain them and wait for them to cool to peel them, and cut them into large cubes.
7. Cook the eggs for 10 minutes in salted water, then cool quickly under cold water, peel, and cut into slices.
8. Serve the octopus and potatoes in a bowl with the boiled eggs, the black olives, the red onion and the chopped tomatoes.
9. Season with salt and a vinaigrette that you will have prepared. (suggestion below)
10. Serve and enjoy.
1. Chop the fresh herbs you like.
2. Add 6 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
3. Add 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
4. Mix until fully blended.
Where to get the ingredients
As with many of the recipes we have here, you can easily find the basic ingredients at your grocery store. For the octopus, you can buy it raw or cooked from our online store to ensure it’s fresh and properly prepared.
For this recipe we recommend you purchase pre-cooked, sliced octopus tentacles. This will make preparation of the salad super convenient. If you prefer to make it all yourself, you can check out our octopus selection to get the octopus preparation that best meets your needs for this recipe.
If you choose raw octopus, here is a video about how to cook raw octopus.