3 Best Shrimp Recipes
Our 3 autentic shrimp Recipes
Maybe you like shrimp, but sometimes you don’t really know what to do with it. Here you will find three simple ways to cook shrimp that will no longer have you fearing these delicious crustaceans. Even more appealing is the fact that these recipes are both authentic and traditional.
In this article we will provide you with the 3 best shrimp recipes you can find.
These recipes are already used by star chefs that work with us and our products.
1/ Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Cooking Time :
- 2 lbs shrimp
- ½ olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 3-5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ cup of parsley
- Peel and de-vein shrimp or buy de-veined shrimp.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium/high heat.
- When oil is hot, add red pepper flakes. You can substitute them with fresh peppers or cayenne.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. When paired with olive oil it will have a great taste.
- Add the shrimp, and continue sauteing on medium high heat.
- Once the shrimp hits the pan, it’ll only take about 3 minutes to cook. Don’t overcook the shrimp.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute shrimp until just cooked, when the shrimp begin to color and curl, remove it from the heat.
- Add lemon juice and fresh chopped parsley to the preparation.
- Mix well and serve.
2/ The famous shrimp Scampi
Cooking Time :
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 and a half pounds of shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 and a half tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Boil some water and cooked spaghetti
- Devein the shrimp or buy shrimp already deveined.
- Peel the shell off the shrimp or buy already peeled shrimp or easy peel shrimp.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add some olive oil once the butter is melted.
- Add garlic and cook for about a minute, keep stirring.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and wine to the preparation.
- Add pepper and salt for the taste.
- Simmer until sauce is reduced in half.
- Add in the shrimp and sauté until pink, about 2-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the spaghetti and sauce together, and place the shrimp on the top.
- Serve warm.
3/ Easy authentic paella recipe
The last recipe we will show you is the authentic Paella recipe. It may feel daunting because it’s a big and seemingly complicated Spanish dish, but Paella is actually very easy to make. Follow the recipe below and you will have the very same kind of Paella you can find in Spain.
Cooking Time :
about 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 ounces of sliced chorizo sausage, or any smoky, spicy sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cup of Bomba rice or Arborio rice (if you don’t have the special spanish rice).
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon of regular or smoked paprika
- 2 cups of hot saffron broth, or plain hot chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F / 220 C
- Heat olive oil in a big (oven-friendly) skillet on medium heat.
- Add the sausage slices and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for a few minutes. Then turn the heat on medium – low.
- Add garlic and give it about a minute stir.
- Add the rice to the preparation, stir until the rice is coated with oil.
- Add the peas and some paprika.
- Use a spatula to even-out everything on the skillet
- Cover the preparation with the jumbo shrimp.
- Add the strip of paper in between the shrimp and around the outside.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and cayenne on the top.
- At this point make sure the oven is ready (425 F / 220 C)
- Raise the heat to high until it is sizzling.
- Poor the broth and shake the skillet a little bit
- Place the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes
- Taste the rice to check if it is cooked enough. If not, cook the paella on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes to finish it.
- Finish the dish by drizzling olive oil and some chopped parsely.
- Serve warm