How to cook galera shrimp
Our Recipe: How to cook galera shrimp
In this article, we will teach you how to cook galera shrimp. This kind of shrimp is well known and cooked in Spain, Italy, Greece and other parts of the Mediterranean, as well as in Asia.
These shrimp are really tasty; and they are used frequently to enhance the flavour of rice dishes, soups and broths. If you never had any galera shrimp before, you might be surprised by their unique form and beautiful color, but what will surprise you the most is their delicious taste.
Regardless of whether or not you have tried this shrimp before, we wanted to give our website visitors some tips on how to cook them. If you follow this recipe, you will have a delicious dish in just a few minutes.
Cooking galera shrimp with garlic and chilli:
Serve 2 to 4 people.
Cooking time is about 30 min.
3 garlic heads
6 galera shrimps
2 red shallots
5 dried chillies
1 tbsp of preserved black beans
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
2 spring onions
1 small handful of cilantro
2. Peel and dice the garlic
3. Diced the shallots
4. Peel and thinly slice the ginger
5. Thinly slice the onions
6. Heat the oil into a pan over medium heat.
7. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden. Then, remove the garlic and soak it on a paper towel.
8. Rase the heat to high and add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Drain all the oil from the pan, keep 2 tablespoons of oil on the side.
10. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, then add the ginger and chilli; cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
11. Bring back the shrimp to the pan with the black beans.
12. Add salt, sugar, and fried garlic; toss well.
13. When it’s done, garnish with green onions and cilantro.
How to eat galera shrimp?
Galera/mantis shrimp are tricky to eat due to the very sharp edges on the bottom area of the shell. A good way to eat it is to remove the tail part and carefully soak all the meat and juice out of that opening. Galera shrimp is unlikely to come out from the shell as a whole piece as in other shrimp, that is another reason why soaking the meat and juices is the best way to enjoy it.
Where can I find the ingredients to cook galera shrimp?
Like with all our recipes, we can provide you with the most important ingredient: the galera / mantis shrimp which is located in our online store.
You just have to check our shellfish selection.
For the rest of the ingredients, you can find them in your nearby grocery store.
We carefully choose our products, we work with providers that are specialists that respect the environment, and we only source natural and wild products.
We started our company by only selling to star chefs and restaurants around the US, and now we are proud to bring our high quality products to you as well.