Octopus bowl recipe, healthy and delicious
How to make a healthy octopus poke bowl
This one will be about how to do a Hawaiian salad made with raw fish cut into cubes, called a poke bowl. Poke bowls are an excellent option for an informal meal, but at the same time nutritionally complete, since they combine a multitude of ingredients such as rice, vegetables, and fish.
If you are ready for a delicious fishy meal, read on!
Octopus bowl recipe: Delicious and Healthy!
600 g of cooked octopus tentacles (around 2.5 cups)
2 spring onions
20 g dehydrated wakame seaweed (¼ cup)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
200 g of rice (1 cup)
1 cm ginger root (about ⅓ inch)
For this preparation you need a cooked octopus. You can either buy it pre-cooked or you can cook it yourself. Here is a blog post about how to cook octopus.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes, drain it and let it rest covered with a clean kitchen towel to keep it moist.
- Hydrate the wakame seaweed in cold water for about 10 minutes, drain it well and cut it into thin strips.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the spring onions into very thin slices.
- Cut the octopus legs into similar sized slices and marinate them in the bowl with the sauce. Add the wakame.
- Peel the avocado and dice it.
- Divide the cooked rice into four bowls and add the marinated and drained octopus, the avocado cubes, the wakame strips, the onion and the ginger. Season with salt and decorate with some sesame seeds before serving.
Where to find the products
We offer cooked tentacles and sliced cooked octopus tentacles to make it even easier to prepare this kind of dish.
Our products come from the Mediterranean area, where they grow the best octopus in the world. They are wild and 100% natural. Ours are day boat octopus that are fished with care and respect for the environment.
Useful Links for the Octopus bowl recipe Recipe
Raw octopus tentacles
Cooked, Sliced octopus tentacles
Flower Octopus (raw and tenderized)