The best Zamburiñas recipe
Great zamburiñas recipe.
As we are from Spain and the Mediterranean area, we know a lot about the products we bring to you. The one we will be talking about today will be the Zamburiñas.
Zamburiñas are an essential product for the end of the year celebrations. No need to spend hours in the kitchen to sublimate this delicious seafood. In just a few minutes, you will be able to cook them in a way that will emphasize their taste. Simply pan-fried, these scallops reveal all their flavors. A real treat for the taste buds!
Let’s go through this authentic recipe from Spain; the Galician style Zamburiñas.
Cooking time is about 30 min.
- 12 Zamburiñas from the Mediterranean.
- Olive Oil
- 100 ml of White wine
- 1 big Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Bread crumbs
- Serrano ham in pieces
1. Wash carefully the Zamburiñas to make sure there is no sand left inside. Wash the shell as well because they will be served with it.
2. Chop onions and garlic
3. Chop the tomato and ham in small pieces.
4. Preheat the oven at 300 to 355 °F 150 to 180 °C
5. Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil on low medium heat for about 10min, make sure everything gets caramelized.
6. Add the tomato and cook for 5 more minutes on the same heat.
7. Then, add the ham and cook it until the ham is well done. You can add some salt but be careful because the ham should be salty already.
8. Add the white wine and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until the alcohol starts to evaporate.
9. Put on low heat, add paprika and breadcrumbs.
10. On an oven tray, put all the raw scallops and add a tablespoon of the tomato ham mixture on each one of them.
11. On top of that, add a thin layer of breadcrumbs.
12. Let it cook at 300 °F (150 °C) for about 5.
13. Around the end of the 5, put in the oven at 390°F (200°C ) in a grilling position for about 1 to 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
14. Serve them warm and enjoy !
Where to get the ingredients for our Zamburiñas Recipe
The most important ingredient for the best Zamburiñas recipe is obviously the Zamburiñas that you can find in our shop, located in our Shellfish selection. Buying it from us will give you 2 advantages: first, the Zamburinas are already clean so you just have to cook them; and second, our products come directly from the Mediterranean area with great providers who know their products.
So you can be sure that they are of the highest quality.
For the rest of the ingredients, you can find them at your local store. The good thing about this recipe is that you don’t need many ingredients to make it.
Other recipe available here.
We hope we will enjoy this recipe, let us know what you think about it.
Learn more about our products