Goose barnacles recipe – Percebes recipe
How to cook goose barnacles, percebes
This article is about a fantastic recipe for goose barnacles.
Not only do we give US residents access to unique seafood and Mediterranean products, but we also want to help you find ways to cook them. This will allow you to impress your friends, help you to share the product with people who aren’t familiar with it, or simply find a way to cook it because it’s new to you!
The goose barnacles, called Percebes in Spanish, are one of those products that are very valued in Spain, and therefore, difficult to find abroad. This is the kind of product that matches exactly what we are looking for.
After providing it to star chefs and restaurants to have their feedback, we are now selling it to anybody that wants to try it.
If you would like a great way to cook it, follow this recipe.
If you want more information about what is goose barnacles you can follow this link.
Cooking time is about 15 min.
1lb (500g) of Goose barnacles / percebes
A few shallots
20 cl of cream
- Boil salted water with olive oil and a few bay leaves.
- Once the water is boiling, add the goose barnacles until cooked. *Make sure to save the boiling water because you will need some for later.
*If you buy our Percebes, they are already steamed so you just need to warm them up in the boiling water for a few minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the tough skin from the barnacles, it’s easier to do that when it’s warm.
- Start the sauce in a sauce pan with olive oil.
- Add chopped shallots, bay leaves, and fresh pepper.
- After a minute or two, add a table spoon of the boiling water from the goose barnacles and cook until translucent.
- add some tablespoons of cream and bring it up to a boil.
8. Add some lemon juice and 2-3 lemon rinds.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the leftover water from the goose barnacles *The secret is to keep a good balance between the amount of cream and the water.
- Remove the lemon rinds and add the goose barnacles in the sauce.
- Cook for 30 seconds maximum otherwise you might overcook the percebes.
- Add some fresh parsley to the mix at the end.
- Serve warm and enjoy !
Where to get the ingredients for our Goose barnacles recipe
Lucky for you we got the hardest ingredient to find: the goose barnacles. Our goose barnacles are pre-cooked, which will make this recipe even easier for you. You can find the percebes in our shellfish selection.
The other ingredients are pretty common and you should be able to find them in your local grocery store. One secret that will bring this recipe up a notch is to use seawater instead of boiling water with salt. If you are lucky enough to be located near the ocean, we encourage you to try it out because it will really kick up the flavor.
Feel free to let us know if you tried it out and how it went.
Learn more about our products